Raja Bhaiyya's wings clipped by Akhilesh Yadav
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today changed the portfolios of several cabinet ministers and allotted portfolios to the newly inducted ministers, including of Raja Bhaiyya.
Although there was no official release, it is learnt that Akhilesh had shed two of his ministries — Tourism and Additional Sources of Energy.
Cabinet minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya was stripped of the Prison portfolio, which will now be headed by cabinet minister Rajendra Choudhary.
Transport Minister Raja Aridaman Singh and Stamps Registration Minister Durga Prasad Yadav have swapped their departments. Raj Kishore Singh has been given Minor Irrigation while his previous department of Horticulture and Food processing will be looked after by Paras Nath Yadav.
Shivpal Yadav has been given another department — Land Development and Water Resources — while Om Prakash Singh who held it earlier has been given Tourism. Protocol Minister Abhishek Mishra will now look after Science and Technology.
Among the newly appointed ministers who took oath on Thursday, Vijay Kumar Mishra, who was minister of state (independent charge), will head Additional Sources of Energy.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully