CM, Congress regional head to visit Pune amidst heat over Kalmadi's photos
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and regional president of Congress party Manikrao Thakare will be making a joint visit to Pune in the backdrop of growing conflicts between a section of local party leaders and supporters of city MP and expelled Congressman Suresh Kalmadi, on December 28.
Both top leaders, who will be attending foundation day programmes of Congress party in the city, are expected to give patient hearing to complains against Kalmadi.
Anti-Kalmadi faction within city Congress recently had launched a sort of campaign against the disgraced MP, who is facing serious charges in CWG scam, by removing his photos from party office among other places.
Party insiders said Congress top brass is likely to make its stand clear on fate of Kalmadi ahead of General Elections.
"With Lok Sabha elections nearing, we expect senior party leaders to come clear on possible candidatures," a local party leader said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express