CM inaugurates Nagerbazar flyover
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday assured that the TMC government, in its five-year tenure, will do the amount of 50 years' work. She said this while inaugurating the Nagerbazar flyover here on Saturday.
Present at the occasion among others were ministers Mukul Roy, Purnendu Basu, Madan Mitra, Bratya Basu, Saugata Roy; MP and chairman of HRBC Kalyan Bandopadhyay, chairperson of South Dum Dum Municipality Anjana Rakshit and MLA and vice-chairman of South Dum Dum Municipality Sujit Basu.
The CM blamed the previous government for the delay in completing the flyover. "They took five years to complete 30 per cent of the work while we did 70 per cent of the work in six months," she said.
The Opposition, however, termed the CM's accusations 'baseless'. "Her allegations are baseless and so are her tall claims," said leader of Opposition Suryakanta Mishra.