CM inaugurates Nagerbazar flyover
- Kashmir violence: Back from Africa, PM Modi chairs meeting
- Kashmir protests: Another boy succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 31
- CPI (M), BJP workers hacked to death in revenge killing in Kerala's Kannur
- Kashmir protests: Her MLAs fearful, CM Mehbooba Mufti asks ministers to step out
- Reliance Power’s Rs 14,500-crore loan: It’s Goyal vs Goyal on mortgage of coal blocks as collateral
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday assured that the TMC government, in its five-year tenure, will do the amount of 50 years' work. She said this while inaugurating the Nagerbazar flyover here on Saturday.
Present at the occasion among others were ministers Mukul Roy, Purnendu Basu, Madan Mitra, Bratya Basu, Saugata Roy; MP and chairman of HRBC Kalyan Bandopadhyay, chairperson of South Dum Dum Municipality Anjana Rakshit and MLA and vice-chairman of South Dum Dum Municipality Sujit Basu.
The CM blamed the previous government for the delay in completing the flyover. "They took five years to complete 30 per cent of the work while we did 70 per cent of the work in six months," she said.
- In its new phase, ‘azadi’ struggle in Kashmir is leaderless, and has a strong death wish
- AMU founder intended it to cater to the community’s educational needs
- Supreme Court has shone much-needed light on the operation of the AFSPA
- China’s rejection of international arbitration raises questions
- Next Door Nepal: Reprieve for Oli
- Hostilities between Pakistan and Afghanistan are rising