CM inaugurates Nagerbazar flyover
- Uri terror attack: There were specific intelligence inputs about a fidayeen attack
- New York explosion LIVE: Blast was intentional, says Mayor; 29 injured
- Behind Rafale deal: Their ‘strategic’ role in delivery of nuclear weapons
- Army set to hand over 1,500 acres of land to J&K govt, modalities being worked out
- Arunachal: Day after, PPA chairman says Khandu plan may have been on for weeks
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday assured that the TMC government, in its five-year tenure, will do the amount of 50 years' work. She said this while inaugurating the Nagerbazar flyover here on Saturday.
Present at the occasion among others were ministers Mukul Roy, Purnendu Basu, Madan Mitra, Bratya Basu, Saugata Roy; MP and chairman of HRBC Kalyan Bandopadhyay, chairperson of South Dum Dum Municipality Anjana Rakshit and MLA and vice-chairman of South Dum Dum Municipality Sujit Basu.
The CM blamed the previous government for the delay in completing the flyover. "They took five years to complete 30 per cent of the work while we did 70 per cent of the work in six months," she said.
- Pakistan wages its proxy war against India with impunity
- The proposed surrogacy bill addresses major ethical concerns
- Muslim personal law has little Constitutional basis, so it cannot be challenged in law courts
- Zakir Naik’s appeal comes from mimicking the secular, modern world
- Prachanda’s pragmatic approach to bilateral relations is a good beginning
- Across the aisle: Why not try alternative approach?