CM invites President to state function
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR score 163/5 against MI
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has invited President Pranab Mukherjee to be the chief guest at the function to be organised in Lucknow in January to celebrate the completion of 125 years of the state legislature.
He wrote a letter to the President on Sunday requesting any date between January 8 to 10 when the function could be organised.
The CM has also written letters to Union Minister for Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal, requesting to issue a special commemorative postal stamp. He has also written to Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram to release a special coin on the occasion.
In the letter to President, the CM has written that the UP Legislature had a rich history and legislature members wish to invite him on the occasion. The government has already planned a special sitting of the House on January 8, the day it was constituted in 1887 under the Indian Council Act of 1861. Its first meeting was held in Thornhill Memorial Hall in Allahabad.