CM invites President to state function
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has invited President Pranab Mukherjee to be the chief guest at the function to be organised in Lucknow in January to celebrate the completion of 125 years of the state legislature.
He wrote a letter to the President on Sunday requesting any date between January 8 to 10 when the function could be organised.
The CM has also written letters to Union Minister for Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal, requesting to issue a special commemorative postal stamp. He has also written to Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram to release a special coin on the occasion.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance