CM lauds police, slams media again
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
- Kiran floats party for âTelugu prideâ
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee slammed the media for criticising police every now and then.
Lauding the performance of the police at a felicitation function organised by Kolkata Police, she said: "A certain section of the media has made it a habit to criticise police for every little thing. No one writes about the hundreds of things that the police do for the community and if there is a little flaw in something they do, the media preys on in," adding that one section of the police might be corrupt but "that is prevalent everywhere, even in the media".
She then warned the media not to cross the limit. "There is a Lakshman rekha which I urge you (media) not to cross or else you would get into the hands of Ravana," she added. She also said that crime rate in Kolkata was far less than that in Delhi and Mumbai "despite many incidents being falsely reported".
Nitish-Didi meet today
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will meet Mamata on Friday at the Writers'. The two CMs will later attend a business seminar at a city hotel. A Trinamool MP said the meeting should be seen as an effort by Mamata to mobilise support among non-Congress states.