CM launched project nine years ago, son to ‘re-inaugurate’ it tomorrow
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal would be re-inaugurating the Aggar Nagar's Maharaja Aggarsain Passenger Underpath Project on Tuesday, August 10.
"Badal ji will inaugurate the project on August 10 at 2.15 pm. He will be coming from Jagraon, then he will inaugurate a project at octroi post. After having lunch at Lodhi Club, he will inaugurate the Aggar Nagar project," said Amrit Lal Aggarwal, Member of the Ludhiana Aggarwala Co-operative House Building Society, the society which owns and manages Aggar Nagar.
However, the project was inaugurated by CM Parkash Singh Badal on June 10, 2001, the stone of which lies intact in Aggar Nagar B-block.
But after that, Akali government went out of power and the project got delayed. But in 2009, the society again requested Akali minister Hira Singh Gabaria to kick off the project, but he washed off his hands saying that the soil profile of the area was too soft to bear the pressure of drilling.
Another hassle surrounding this project was regarding the construction of the shops on the subway, which will connect the A and B blocks of Aggar Nagar. MC Executive Engineer, Brij Pal, In-charge of the project, said that around 12 shops will be constructed, and it will take Rs 3. 84 crore and a year to complete the project.
Clearing this communication gap between the society and MC, Amrit Lal Aggarwal, said, "I have confirmed the facts from MC, and as per the final decision, 24 shops will be constructed on the subway path."
However, till July 31, only 12 shops were to be constructed, said MC officials.
Meanwhile, Aggar Nagar society members have already started preparations for the 'grand welcome' of the Deputy CM. A welcome sign board from the society has already been planted near the site where the project will be
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today