CM meets PM, seeks parity in gas pricing
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
But if there were anti-Modi protests outside SRCC, the crowd inside was rooting for the man. Students applauded, cheered Modi each time he paused after making a point. He shook hands and posed for photographs with students. SRCC student Preeti Mohan said Modi's speech was "inspiring" and an "eye-opener".
"We didn't know details of the kind of work being done in Gujarat. The texts we study are so restrictive. The highlight of his speech was when he demonstrated how the state's focus on agriculture can help put the country on the growth track," she said.
Responding to queries on why did SRCC invite Modi to a college event, principal P C Jain said: "In all honesty, I want to say that we sent out invitations to eleven persons. Narendra Modi's office was the first one to reply to our invitation."