CM’s artwork on show at Town Hall
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's artwork will be on display in Town Hall between January 2 and 18. However, the organisers have decided that the paintings will not be put to auction. Preparations for the event are in full swing. Some personalities who stood by Mamata's call for paribartan in West Bengal before the Assembly poll will attend the exhibition.
Around 250 artworks of the chief minister will be exhibited at the annexure gallery of Town Hall, painter Suvaprasanna, considered close to Mamata, told The Indian Express.
Trawler sinks after collision, two drown
Canning: Two persons drowned when a trawler carrying them collided with another and sank at Kakdwip of South 24 Parganas district, the police said on Monday. Bodies of betel leaf (paan) farmers Subimal Maji (60) and Usha Kanji (70) were fished out late Sunday night after the cargo trawler, MV Maa Ganga, sank in Kalnagini river near Boumari Ghat in Kakdwip.
About 30 betel leaf farmers of Pathar Pratima had hired the cargo trawler to bring their wares at Kakdwip 'paan bazar' on Sunday and were returning home when the trawler collided head on with a fishing trawler, MV Shikha, they said.
Low visibility due to dense fog was the reason behind the accident which occurred shortly after 10 pm, they said, adding other farmers and crew of MV Maa Ganga either swam to safety or picked up from the river by the other trawler.
Fire in Burdwan market
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment
- Edit - Come clean