CM seeks harsher punishment to avert rapes
- AAP-BJP clashes: FIR against Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi for rioting
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Mamata Banerjee releases candidates list for LS polls, lists out celebs and statistics
Reacting to the death of the Delhi gangrape victim, CM Prithviraj Chavan said: "To ensure such incidents do not happen a provision of harsher punishment needs to be made in our laws. It is also necessary such cases are tried in fast-track courts and the guilty punished."
Chavan said he would hold discussions with the Centre to ensure this gets done.
"Harsh laws, swift hearing, immediate meting out of justice and social enlightenment will help reduce such incidents."
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students