CM suspends sugar mill GM, 4 others
- India rejects US report on religious freedom, says it's based on 'limited understanding'
- Petrol prices hiked by Rs 3.96 a litre and diesel by Rs 2.37
- Jaitley replies to Rahul's jibe, says this is 'sooj-boojh ki sarkar'
- Punjab bus molestation: Driver, three others arrested, Badals face the heat
- Modi govt 'abandoning' farmers, backing 'crony capitalists': Rahul Gandhi
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday suspended the general manager and four other employees of Cooperative Sugar Mill on complaint of irregularities in the sugar cane factory in Ghosi in Mau district, an official release said. On the complaint of people's representatives, an inquiry was ordered in this connection following which the chief minister suspended general manager Haridayram and chief sugarcane officer Ramji Singh, and three other employees.
Undertrial escapes from police custody
Bahraich: An undertrial, admitted to a district hospital for treatment, has fled from police custody, police said on Monday. Atul alias Raja was admitted on Sunday after he complained of pain in abdomen from Balrampur jail, where he was lodged in a Gangster Act case, they said. Search is on the nab the undertrial, police said.