CM writes to Bansal, asks for rail link to Mubaraqpur
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has written to Union Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, requesting him for laying a new railway track between Varanasi and Gorakhpur via Mubaraqpur for the benefit of weavers.
Mubaraqpur in Azamgarh district is famous for Banarsi sarees. In his letter, the chief minister has stated that weavers from Mubaraqpur, who make Banarsi sarees, depend on the raw material which is sourced from Surat, Bengaluru and Malda in West Bengal. Some material is even imported from China. In absence of any direct rail route, the weavers of Mubaraqpur are dependent on the middlemen. A railway track between Varanasi and Gorakhpur via Mubaraqpur will solve the transportation problems of the weavers to a large extent and also benefit them financially.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today