CN and heard
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
'Leave' it aside
It was Friday when it was rumoured that UT SSP Naunihal Singh has been "repatriated" on the orders of the Ministry of Home Affairs. With Saturday and Sunday being holidays, the IPS officer went on leave for two days. This fuelled the rumours, though did not substantiate, that Naunihal has been transferred. While some said that Naunihal was busy meeting people in Delhi, UT Police officials rubbished the same.
When Yuvraj Singh came to Chandigarh to inaugurate a fashion lifestyle store, such was the buzz around that even the people who were busy doing shopping for Diwali tried to sneak into the store. As a result, there was chaos everywhere and the bouncers had a field day. So much attention was on Yuvi that Manoj Tiwari, the Bengal captain, did not receive much attention. Even the organisers didn't seem to notice his presence nor did they notice leggie Rahul Sharma. However, they didn't seem to mind, for they knew Yuvi was the man of the moment.
At the Haryana State Games, as CWG gold medallist Krishna Punia took part in the discus throw, there was a buzz in the crowd of young athletes. Most of the youngsters, who were standing by the side of the ground, rushed to the stands as somebody shouted, "Stand far. She is a CWG champion and her throw goes far". When Punia returned to the stands, the same bunch of youngsters rushed to get their photographs clicked with the national champion.
In today's sporting scenario it is quite tough to find a talented sportsperson with a humble and down-to-earth nature. Patiala based opening batsman, Jiwanjot Singh, who smacked a double hundred in his Ranji debut match against Hyderabad again tasted success when he hammered another ton in the next match against Bengal. After seeing success in this short span of time, 22-year-old Jiwanjot never seemed to have lost his focus and batted with more intent and determination in the nets. Lot of people came up to him to congratulate him on his feat at the PCA stadium, and he made sure that he replied with 'thanks'.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today