CN and heard
- Missile Technology Control Regime welcomes India as full member
- Who will replace Raghuram Rajan? Shortlist narrowed down to four, officials say
- Lionel Messi retires: Have we seen the last of Argentina's 'second best'?
- Under attack from Subramanian Swamy, Arun Jaitley wants party to act
- 2008 Malegaon blasts case: When five witnesses became two and gave new versions
A day before the final, the two brothers had come together to annex the men's doubles title. However, confusion was bound to arise, especially to those who have never followed the game closely. Only when the name of the winner was declared and Lakshit waved that the audience came to know who the actual winner was.
After having produced the accused of the PGI's MD/MS exam leak scam, CBI sleuths were heard joking that suspended city SP Desh Raj and dummy candidates should be kept in nearby cells in the Burail jail. This, opined CBI sleuths, is because in this way Desh Raj's help could be taken to interrogate the accused involved in the PGI paper leak case.
No Show of the dignitary
The recently concluded annual IT conclave of the UT administration had its own embarrassing moment, that too at the time of the inauguration, while everything was set for a gala opening, with all participants in place,organisers working out last minute details, all officials of Punjab government and UT administration waiting for the UT administrator to come and inaugurate the mega event. However even after an hour of waiting there was no sign of the dignitary. Finally, after an hour and a half, some of the participants started to leave, much to the embarassment of the organizers.
Mind your language!
Spelling errors can give a statement an altogether different meaning. A case in example is the recent press release issued by a well-known private school announcing that one of their students had won a silver medal at the Asian rowing championship in China . A matter of pride for any institution but the glaring mistake of spelling "bagging a medal" to "begging" in the subject of the release by the PR department gave us reason to boo rather than cheer.
- Donald Trump could lead the US back to a past it had moved on from
- EU must confront its failures, far right movements in Europe will become stronger
- Circumstantial and documentary evidence appear overlooked in the Gulberg Society verdict
- Language requires update to reflect growing female presence in 'male' spheres
- Eleanor Zelliot introduced Ambedkar and the Dalit movement to the West
- Across the aisle- Economic reforms: Act I, Scene I