CN and heard
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Not on the same page
There were a few glaring differences between the information submitted by the Punjab government and the one furnished by the Chandigarh Administration with regard to the unauthorized occupation of government houses by certain politicians and bureaucrats.
While in its affidavit, the Chandigarh Administration had submitted that an MLA had vacated the house allotted to him, the Punjab government claimed that the said MLA was still in unauthorized occupation of the house.
The political parties might not have announced the names of their mayoral candidates, but this is not proving to be a deterrent for the prospective candidates who are making preparations for the big day.
Some over enthusiastic candidates are well-prepared and have planned out the celebrations they would hold in case they win in the mayoral elections, while other candidates are claiming that they have got new clothes stitched for the occasion.
Recently, the UT Administration officials were preparing for an important meeting with a senior official from New Delhi from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
For the whole week, they were preparing hard for the meeting pulling out old files, pending issues to discuss with the official on priority. But it turned out that the official, who actually has family here, had come to attend a wedding in the city.
So, all the preparations that the UT officials made went down the drain as the meeting turned out to be a mere formality. Within half an hour the meeting got over without any discussion on pending files.
Tough to master Queen's language!
UT Administrator Shivraj V Patil who is also the Punjab Governor recently met with a new batch of PCS officers and congratulated them. The public relations officials, in order to circulate the news, sent a press release to all the newspapers.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express