CN and heard
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Kissa Kursi Ka!
While the elections of the Punjab and Haryana High Court bar council was going on, the selection for the post of secretary was to be made. The newly elected Chairman and Vice-Chairman were the ones who had to take the decision on the selection. As the new chairman of the bar council, Minderjeet Yadav, sat on his chair to take the decision, the chair broke and he fell. On this, the Vice-chairman remarked, "Ek kursi tan jani hi si tahin tut gayi (the chair was to go and so it broke)". The chair was changed and the election process continued.
Private schools in the city have devised a novel idea to make their schools more popular. Recently, the city's most preferred four schools began their admission programme for next year's academic session by selling admission forms for a few hours for two days. Consequently, the parents made a beeline for the forms. Interestingly, when the parents were waiting in long queues to get the forms, a few camera persons hired by the schools started clicking pictures of parents waiting in long queues. When asked, the camera person said, the pictures are for the school brochure, so would you "smile please?"
PGI 's MD/MS entrance exam for this year will be remembered for years. First the institute was shamed when a hi-tech gang of cheaters was busted and the exam got canceled. Later for the second time, PGI authorities got overly cautious and even asked all the candidates to remove their jewelery pieces, watches, even hair pins etc outside the centres. So much for an exam. Maybe if they were this cautious during the first time, it would not have been required at all.
Black and White
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today