CN and heard
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia and Rahul were the primary decision makers while Manmohan was just a facade, says Modi
Kissa Kursi Ka!
While the elections of the Punjab and Haryana High Court bar council was going on, the selection for the post of secretary was to be made. The newly elected Chairman and Vice-Chairman were the ones who had to take the decision on the selection. As the new chairman of the bar council, Minderjeet Yadav, sat on his chair to take the decision, the chair broke and he fell. On this, the Vice-chairman remarked, "Ek kursi tan jani hi si tahin tut gayi (the chair was to go and so it broke)". The chair was changed and the election process continued.
Private schools in the city have devised a novel idea to make their schools more popular. Recently, the city's most preferred four schools began their admission programme for next year's academic session by selling admission forms for a few hours for two days. Consequently, the parents made a beeline for the forms. Interestingly, when the parents were waiting in long queues to get the forms, a few camera persons hired by the schools started clicking pictures of parents waiting in long queues. When asked, the camera person said, the pictures are for the school brochure, so would you "smile please?"
PGI 's MD/MS entrance exam for this year will be remembered for years. First the institute was shamed when a hi-tech gang of cheaters was busted and the exam got canceled. Later for the second time, PGI authorities got overly cautious and even asked all the candidates to remove their jewelery pieces, watches, even hair pins etc outside the centres. So much for an exam. Maybe if they were this cautious during the first time, it would not have been required at all.
Black and White