CN and heard
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
To keep an eye on the officials and to ensure that they are available for public dealing, the deputy commissioner got CCTV cameras installed in the office of tehsildars and registrar who sit in another building other than the one where the DC sits. But this has not gone down well with the tehsildars as the cameras are so strategically placed that even the slightest movement in office or public dealing is captured much to their annoyance. The monitors of the CCTV cameras are in the DC's office. The officials are now forced to be available for the public throughout the public hours.
While all the senior officers of the Chandigarh police department are keeping a distance from the media since the arrest of the Superintendent of Police, City, there is one officer who never "knows anything". Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), operations, RS Ghumman, does not have an 'idea' about anything. When the PGI exam scam was busted, on November 9 the UT police had received a complaint letter from the PGIMER authorities. On that day, SSP Naunihal Singh was on leave and so, SSP Ghumman was the officiating SSP City. When asked the reason why the police did not take action, he replied, "We did not get any formal complaint", but there was a copy of the e-mail attached to the complaint that PGI had submitted. Also, when the Station House Officer (SHO) of the police station, Sector 23 was transferred to police lines, it was after an inquiry which was initiated by SSP Ghumman. On the night when the orders were passed, Newsline called up to ask the SSP about the outcome of the inquiry report, surprisingly, he said, "I don't know anything", and hung up the phone.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today