CN and heard
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Bonding over golf
At the Chandigarh Golf Tour played at Chandigarh earlier this week, it was time for NRI golfers to showcase their talent. While more than 80 NRI golfers took part in the three-day event, their families including youngsters also spent time at the golf clubs. Apart from golf, it was also a time for the golfers and their families to meet old friends in the region in the holiday season. With golf on the agenda, it was a double bonanza for the NRIs.
Two weeks after the release of the suspended Superintendent of Police (SP) Desh Raj Singh, he was seen meeting his old friends in the police department. One day, he met SSP (Operations) RS Ghumman, another day he was visiting his old office at the Sector 17 Police Station. While he maintained that he had been going around for some paperwork, this catching up led to a lot of curiosity within and outside the department.
Messing it up
Though it was the first time that the DSP headquarters had any public appearance, it turned out rather sour. Sources say that for the purpose of briefing the children at the Government Model School, Sector 26 against eve-teasing, DSP Rajesh Kalia had procured a video recording of an old interaction conducted by the SSP. Kalia had watched it to prepare himself before having the interaction. However, as the new DSP gained confidence while speaking, he just jumped down from the stage and even asked the girls to speak out verbal abuses if someone troubles them. Moreover, if parents are not cooperating, just let them go to hell and try to get help from school, he reportedly told the them, much to the amazement and discomfort of those present.
Remembering the good ol' days
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today