Coach Dav Whatmore under fire, as Pakistan saw humiliating defeat
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- UP BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
"Even when Misbah and Hafeez are making wrong calls, Whatmore is not taking a stand or telling them that they are wrong. Apparently he does not want to spoil his relations with them and put his position in danger," another source said.
Cricket analysts believe that unless the team turns around its performance in the last Test and in the one-dayers and T20s in South Africa, Whatmore could face some hard questions from the board chairman.
The Australian has been hired on a two-year contract by the board in place of Mohsin Khan, who had led Pakistan to Test series wins over Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and England before being asked to step down.
Dav Whatmore is also the coach for Shah Rukh Khan's team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in IPL.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress