Coach told Shami Ahmed to treat ODI debut as Ranji game
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The coach said despite coming from an affluent background (his father Tausif Ahmed is a farmer and also one of the leaders of the near by Alinagar village Panchayat), the 22-year-old comes across as a humble person.
"He is the most obedient and humble lad. His is a family of farmers and they are financially well off. But I haven't seen him throw his weight around during practice. Unlike a lot of other boys, I have never seen him speak on cell phone during training sessions.
"He used to be very quiet before he shifted base to Kolkata. Once he started playing for Bengal, he has now learnt to open up a bit," said Badruddin.