Coach told Shami Ahmed to treat ODI debut as Ranji game
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Prime Minister could not understand coalition politics, says Jaiswal
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
The coach said despite coming from an affluent background (his father Tausif Ahmed is a farmer and also one of the leaders of the near by Alinagar village Panchayat), the 22-year-old comes across as a humble person.
"He is the most obedient and humble lad. His is a family of farmers and they are financially well off. But I haven't seen him throw his weight around during practice. Unlike a lot of other boys, I have never seen him speak on cell phone during training sessions.
"He used to be very quiet before he shifted base to Kolkata. Once he started playing for Bengal, he has now learnt to open up a bit," said Badruddin.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready