Coaching class owner flies into rage in front of students, molests girl
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
City Police have registered FIR against a coaching class owner for allegedly molesting a 17-year-old student, police sources said today.
Machindra Chate (48), owner of Chate Coaching Classes in Dadar, was booked for offences under sections 354 (assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty of woman) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) of the IPC following a complaint filed by the victim with Bhoiwada police yesterday, sources said.
However, Chate has not yet been arrested, they said.
A meeting was held at the coaching classes yesterday between Chate, parents and students as syllabus had not been completed and examinations were approaching near.
After the meeting, the victim, an HSC Commerce student, accompanied by two girls and a boy, went to Chate's cabin to discuss the same issue where there was a heated argument between the owner of the coaching classes and the students.
Following this, Chate inappropriately touched the girl, who later went to police station along with parents and fellow students to lodge a complaint.
Police recorded statement of the victim and two witnesses, a boy and a girl.
An FIR was registered against the coaching class owner and investigations were on, police said.