Cochin science varsity to be made a central institution
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
A proposal to convert Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) into a leading science education and research institute under the Central government is under consideration, according to Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development Shashi Tharoor.
The proposal, submitted by Kerala Government, is to take CUSAT an Indian Institute for Education, Science and Research (IIESR), Tharoor said in a release today.
"The initial procedures for making CUSAT at IIESR have been started by HRD. It is a long procedure including working out of finacial liablities and finally it will be placed before Parliament and required to be passed by Cabinet," the release
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi