Cochin science varsity to be made a central institution
- Aam Aadmi Party expels Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan and 2 others for 'anti-party' activities
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
A proposal to convert Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) into a leading science education and research institute under the Central government is under consideration, according to Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development Shashi Tharoor.
The proposal, submitted by Kerala Government, is to take CUSAT an Indian Institute for Education, Science and Research (IIESR), Tharoor said in a release today.
"The initial procedures for making CUSAT at IIESR have been started by HRD. It is a long procedure including working out of finacial liablities and finally it will be placed before Parliament and required to be passed by Cabinet," the release