Cognizant CEO Francisco D'Souza in General Electric Board
- Tera Gurdip bach gaya: Indian on death row in Indonesia tells wife in phone call
- Pune building collapses, at least nine dead
- Mehbooba: Sacrifice of children won’t go waste; securitymen had no idea they were targeting Burhan
- 'Voodoo statistics!' P Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's inflation remarks
- Senior Congress leader Capt Ajay Yadav to quit party
The Board of Directors of global conglomerate – General Electric – has inducted Francisco D'Souza, CEO of Nasdaq-listed Cognizant, into its board.
"Frank D'Souza brings great perspective as a leader and a pioneer in services and software. Our focus on helping customers achieve greater productivity through GE technologies make his views all the more valuable for our company", GE Chairman and CEO, Jeff Immelt said in a statement.
D'Souza's induction as an Independent Director, takes the strength of General Electric board to 19 members, 17 of whom are independent, it said.
"I am honoured to join the board of GE – a company that has been an icon of innovation and management since it was founded", D'Souza said.
D'Souza is one of the founders of Cognizant and has been its CEO since 2007. He is also the Director, US-India Business Council, the statement added.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage