Cognizant CEO Francisco D'Souza in General Electric Board
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
The Board of Directors of global conglomerate – General Electric – has inducted Francisco D'Souza, CEO of Nasdaq-listed Cognizant, into its board.
"Frank D'Souza brings great perspective as a leader and a pioneer in services and software. Our focus on helping customers achieve greater productivity through GE technologies make his views all the more valuable for our company", GE Chairman and CEO, Jeff Immelt said in a statement.
D'Souza's induction as an Independent Director, takes the strength of General Electric board to 19 members, 17 of whom are independent, it said.
"I am honoured to join the board of GE – a company that has been an icon of innovation and management since it was founded", D'Souza said.
D'Souza is one of the founders of Cognizant and has been its CEO since 2007. He is also the Director, US-India Business Council, the statement added.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'