Cognizant CEO Francisco D'Souza in General Electric Board
- Maharashtra Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse resigns after allegations of impropriety in land deal
- Muhammad Ali: A furious and loud fighter whose influence was felt far beyond the ring
- Boxing legend Muhammad Ali's top quotes
- PM Modi in Afghanistan, inaugurates Salma Dam in Herat
- Mathura clashes: After being slammed for posting pics, Hema Malini demands CBI probe
The Board of Directors of global conglomerate – General Electric – has inducted Francisco D'Souza, CEO of Nasdaq-listed Cognizant, into its board.
"Frank D'Souza brings great perspective as a leader and a pioneer in services and software. Our focus on helping customers achieve greater productivity through GE technologies make his views all the more valuable for our company", GE Chairman and CEO, Jeff Immelt said in a statement.
D'Souza's induction as an Independent Director, takes the strength of General Electric board to 19 members, 17 of whom are independent, it said.
"I am honoured to join the board of GE – a company that has been an icon of innovation and management since it was founded", D'Souza said.
D'Souza is one of the founders of Cognizant and has been its CEO since 2007. He is also the Director, US-India Business Council, the statement added.
- Modi, Obama must work for geo-political burden-sharing between India, US
- Search for a house in Delhi NCR is longer and more arduous for a Muslim tenant
- Ahmadi embarrassment
- Holiday ends for Mauritius
- NDA government has deftly blended welfare and growth measures
- Internet polls show that a strict nuclear taboo is not widespread among the Indian public