Cognizant CEO Francisco D'Souza in General Electric Board
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police on Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Bismillah Khan's family says no to propose Narendra Modi's candidature in Varanasi
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
The Board of Directors of global conglomerate – General Electric – has inducted Francisco D'Souza, CEO of Nasdaq-listed Cognizant, into its board.
"Frank D'Souza brings great perspective as a leader and a pioneer in services and software. Our focus on helping customers achieve greater productivity through GE technologies make his views all the more valuable for our company", GE Chairman and CEO, Jeff Immelt said in a statement.
D'Souza's induction as an Independent Director, takes the strength of General Electric board to 19 members, 17 of whom are independent, it said.
"I am honoured to join the board of GE – a company that has been an icon of innovation and management since it was founded", D'Souza said.
D'Souza is one of the founders of Cognizant and has been its CEO since 2007. He is also the Director, US-India Business Council, the statement added.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota