Cognizant CEO Francisco D'Souza in General Electric Board
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The Board of Directors of global conglomerate – General Electric – has inducted Francisco D'Souza, CEO of Nasdaq-listed Cognizant, into its board.
"Frank D'Souza brings great perspective as a leader and a pioneer in services and software. Our focus on helping customers achieve greater productivity through GE technologies make his views all the more valuable for our company", GE Chairman and CEO, Jeff Immelt said in a statement.
D'Souza's induction as an Independent Director, takes the strength of General Electric board to 19 members, 17 of whom are independent, it said.
"I am honoured to join the board of GE – a company that has been an icon of innovation and management since it was founded", D'Souza said.
D'Souza is one of the founders of Cognizant and has been its CEO since 2007. He is also the Director, US-India Business Council, the statement added.