Col Mishra new chief postmaster general
- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
Col Mishra assumed charge on January 23
Col K C Mishra, Postmaster General, Pune Region, has been promoted to Higher Administrative Grade and is the new Chief Postmaster General of Maharashtra and Goa Circle, an official release said. He assumed charge on January 23.
While working as Postmaster General, Pune, from October 24, 2010 to January 22, 2013, Mishra had brought about qualitative improvement in postal services and revenue generation.
He had generated revenue worth Rs.179.42 crore from Postal Operations and SBCC from April to December 2012 in the financial year 2012-13, which was 34 per cent higher than the revenue of Rs134.07 crore generated during the corresponding period in the previous
He also showed a remarkable growth in the area of net live accounts of all categories, adding 34,15,412 net live accounts from January, 2011 to December, 2012 in Pune region, which is an all time record in Maharashtra Circle.
Mishra did exceptionally well in the areas of Mail
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies
- The Council of Islamic Ideology symbolises a contagion of pious madness
- India cannot continue to fight a 21st century battle with 19th century institutions
- Odd-even policy took on pollution. Now address congestion.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?