Col Mishra new chief postmaster general
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
Col Mishra assumed charge on January 23
Col K C Mishra, Postmaster General, Pune Region, has been promoted to Higher Administrative Grade and is the new Chief Postmaster General of Maharashtra and Goa Circle, an official release said. He assumed charge on January 23.
While working as Postmaster General, Pune, from October 24, 2010 to January 22, 2013, Mishra had brought about qualitative improvement in postal services and revenue generation.
He had generated revenue worth Rs.179.42 crore from Postal Operations and SBCC from April to December 2012 in the financial year 2012-13, which was 34 per cent higher than the revenue of Rs134.07 crore generated during the corresponding period in the previous
He also showed a remarkable growth in the area of net live accounts of all categories, adding 34,15,412 net live accounts from January, 2011 to December, 2012 in Pune region, which is an all time record in Maharashtra Circle.
Mishra did exceptionally well in the areas of Mail
Network Optimisation Project and Project Arrow, and in Core Banking Solutions Project.