Col Mishra new chief postmaster general
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Col Mishra assumed charge on January 23
Col K C Mishra, Postmaster General, Pune Region, has been promoted to Higher Administrative Grade and is the new Chief Postmaster General of Maharashtra and Goa Circle, an official release said. He assumed charge on January 23.
While working as Postmaster General, Pune, from October 24, 2010 to January 22, 2013, Mishra had brought about qualitative improvement in postal services and revenue generation.
He had generated revenue worth Rs.179.42 crore from Postal Operations and SBCC from April to December 2012 in the financial year 2012-13, which was 34 per cent higher than the revenue of Rs134.07 crore generated during the corresponding period in the previous
He also showed a remarkable growth in the area of net live accounts of all categories, adding 34,15,412 net live accounts from January, 2011 to December, 2012 in Pune region, which is an all time record in Maharashtra Circle.
Mishra did exceptionally well in the areas of Mail
Network Optimisation Project and Project Arrow, and in Core Banking Solutions Project.