Cold conditions persist in Punjab, minimum rises in Haryana
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Cold conditions today persisted in most parts of Punjab while there was a marginal increase in the minimum temperatures in Haryana.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in the two states recording a minimum of 3 degrees Celsius, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana also braved a cold night at 5.9 deg C, one below normal while Patiala experienced the chill at 5.4 deg C minimum, also down by a degree. In Haryana, Bhiwani recorded a low of 9 deg C, up two notches while Hisar recorded a minimum of 6.3 deg C. Ambala's low of 6.6 deg C settled a notch above normal, Narnaul registered a low of 6 deg C while Karnal's minimum settled at 7 deg C. Chandigarh's minimum settled three degrees above normal range at 8.5 deg