Cold wave continues in UP, Najibabad coldest at 1.8 degrees Celsius
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Prime Minister could not understand coalition politics, says Jaiswal
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Mercury continues its downward slide in Uttar Pradesh with Najibabad recording the lowest night temperature of the season at 1.8 degrees Celsius.
On Tuesday night, the minimum temperature in the state was in Najibabad at 3.5 degrees Celsius while last night, it further dropped to 1.8 degrees, the MeT office said.
They said that night temperatures fell appreciably in Gorakhpur and Faizabad divisions and changed a little in the remaining divisions of the state.
Mercury was appreciably below normal in Faizabad, Lucknow, Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions, below normal in Gorakhpur and was normal in the remaining divisions of the state. Weathermen have forecast that weather would remain mainly dry in the state.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready