Cold wave continues in UP, Najibabad coldest at 1.8 degrees Celsius
- Shinde does a u-turn, says he meant to 'crush' social media, not electronic media
- Bihar: 13 RJD MLAs desert Lalu Prasad for Nitish Kumar, but six 'return' hours later
- In Gujarat, 2 Congress MLAs quit to join BJP
- Kejriwal says communalism bigger threat than graft
- Leopard injures seven, Meerut locks itself in
Mercury continues its downward slide in Uttar Pradesh with Najibabad recording the lowest night temperature of the season at 1.8 degrees Celsius.
On Tuesday night, the minimum temperature in the state was in Najibabad at 3.5 degrees Celsius while last night, it further dropped to 1.8 degrees, the MeT office said.
They said that night temperatures fell appreciably in Gorakhpur and Faizabad divisions and changed a little in the remaining divisions of the state.
Mercury was appreciably below normal in Faizabad, Lucknow, Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions, below normal in Gorakhpur and was normal in the remaining divisions of the state. Weathermen have forecast that weather would remain mainly dry in the state.