Colleague alleges molestation, Religare VP arrested in Noida
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
A senior official of a financial services company was arrested in Noida over allegations of molestation by a manager of the company.
G Krishnan (38), Vice-President of Religare Finvest Limited, was arrested on Thursday, with police claiming that he had been absconding since the complaint was registered. The manager had alleged that Krishnan, who worked at company's Sector-125 office in Noida, called her to his cabin and molested her. Though she approached police, she was hesitant about registering a case, a senior officer said.
"Initially, she was reluctant to take a legal action against the accused as she was scared that it would tarnish her reputation. But, police intervened, and, after counseling sessions, she was ready to lodge an FIR against the vice-president. She feared that the case would damage her career," a police officer said.
Police said the manager was in her early 20s.
Police were told that Krishnan had tried to molest her earlier too, but the manager did not report it. She alleged that Krishnan would call her to his cabin and force her to watch porn films on his laptop. She told police that she felt uncomfortable and, therefore, avoided going to office.
Confirming the arrest, Senior Superintendent of Police (Noida) Praveen Kumar said, "Krishnan was arrested after raids. We have recorded the statement of the woman and are investigating the case further."
According to Kumar, the woman told police that Krishnan also threatened her against reporting the matter.
Police are tracking the call records and details of text messages exchanged between the two. Other employees of the office will also be questioned to ascertain if they faced similar harassment, police said.
A case has been registered.
- Chavan sweetens deal for slum-dwellers
- ‘Buildings with approved layout plan should be exempted from SC order’
- WR puts brakes on new suburban services
- UP Doctors Protest: SP MLA booked as strike called off
- Raj Thackeray initiates talks with fringe parties
- Ministers, corporators fight over credit for public projects