College girl alleges rape by students' union president, sets herself afire
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
- Facebook to acquire WhatsApp for USD 19 billion in cash and stock deal
- Congâs first casualty of Telangana Bill: Its govt and Chief Minister in Andhra
- Hazare snubs Kejriwal, declares support to Mamata in LS elections
Alleging that she had been raped by president of the students' union of her college, a girl set herself on fire in the district and is in a critical condition, police said on Tuesday.
The girl, an undergraduate student at a college in Bijolia town, poured kerosene and set herself on fire last night, CO Mandalgarh Dharmendra Yadav said.
She was taken to a local hospital from where she was referred to Kota government hospital, he said, adding that her condition is critical.
The girl has alleged that she was raped by the president of the students union Ajit Singh on the pretext of marriage, Yadav said.
The accused is absconding and the matter is under investigation, he said. Meanwhile, several students protested in Mandal town and in colleges in Bhilwara, demanding arrest of the accused. "Protesting students in Mandal were dispersed and the situation is peaceful now," the police added.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state