College girl murdered, body burnt with tyres in Nagpur
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
A teenager girl was allegedly murdered and her body was burned down by unknown persons at Indrayani Nagar on the city outskirts, police said today.
Dhanashri Ramteke (19), a final year B.A student of a local college, was allegedly killed and later her body was burned down using tyres, apparently to prevent police from identifying her, by unknown persons at the hilly area last evening, they said.
Police are investigating the motive behind the crime and about from where the victim hailed from.
An offence under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code was registered against unknown persons.