College girl murdered, body burnt with tyres in Nagpur
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
A teenager girl was allegedly murdered and her body was burned down by unknown persons at Indrayani Nagar on the city outskirts, police said today.
Dhanashri Ramteke (19), a final year B.A student of a local college, was allegedly killed and later her body was burned down using tyres, apparently to prevent police from identifying her, by unknown persons at the hilly area last evening, they said.
Police are investigating the motive behind the crime and about from where the victim hailed from.
An offence under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code was registered against unknown persons.