College principal held for female lecturer's suicide
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
Acting Principal of a Solapur-based college has been arrested in connection with the suicide of a female lecturer here, police said.
The lecturer, Rupali Andhare (27), was found hanging in a room at the MLA Hostel in South Mumbai on September 16.
Andhare was the niece of Dilip Dhaigunde who is Personal Assistant to NCP MLA Babanrao Shinde.
Ramchandra Chikale (31), the acting principal, had an affair with the woman, who worked in the same college, for the last few months. Andhare, who was unmarried, was staying with his brother in the hostel as a guest.
The relation between Chikale, who was already married, and Andhare, who knew about his marital status, had soured for some reason which could not be ascertained and this may have led the latter to kill herself, police said.
Chikale has been charged with abetment of suicide.