College principal held for female lecturer's suicide
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Acting Principal of a Solapur-based college has been arrested in connection with the suicide of a female lecturer here, police said.
The lecturer, Rupali Andhare (27), was found hanging in a room at the MLA Hostel in South Mumbai on September 16.
Andhare was the niece of Dilip Dhaigunde who is Personal Assistant to NCP MLA Babanrao Shinde.
Ramchandra Chikale (31), the acting principal, had an affair with the woman, who worked in the same college, for the last few months. Andhare, who was unmarried, was staying with his brother in the hostel as a guest.
The relation between Chikale, who was already married, and Andhare, who knew about his marital status, had soured for some reason which could not be ascertained and this may have led the latter to kill herself, police said.
Chikale has been charged with abetment of suicide.