Colombia quake damages 100 houses, injured 15
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
A strong earthquake that shook Colombia over the weekend destroyed 100 houses and damaged nearly 2,000 others, authorities today. Only 15 people were injured, none seriously, they said.
The National Risk Management Unit said all areas affected by yesterday's quake had been reached, and the toll was definitive.
"A total of 15 people injured, 100 houses destroyed, 1,896 houses damaged," the agency said via Twitter.
Twenty-four schools and a clinic also were among the structures damaged by the quake, which registered 7.0 on the moment magnitude scale and 6.9 on the Richter scale.
Its epicentre was near Pasto, Colombia, a city of 400,000 that lies in the shadow of the Galeras volcano in the southwestern province of Narino. The quake was felt as far away as Bogota and Quito, Ecuador.