Comcast Corp to buy rest of NBC Universal from General Electronics in $16.7 bn deal
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
Indeed, the only executives that still remain from the old regime are the leaders of cable networks and Universal Studios head Ron Meyer, who ranks as the longest-serving movie studio chief in Hollywood. On the cable side, in addition to Hoffman and Griffin, Bonnie Hammer now runs all of NBC's entertainment-oriented cable networks and Lauren Zalaznick leads its digital operations. Bob Greenblatt, the former head of Showtime, now runs the NBC broadcast network and Mark Lazarus leads the sports division.
In addition to the GE deal, Comcast reported a 6 percent rise in fourth-quarter earnings on Tuesday. In its cable business, it lost a better-than-expected 7,000 net video customers. For the year, NBC Universal's revenue rose 5 percent to $6.01 billion.
Morgan Stanley served as Comcast's financial adviser and Davis Polk & Wardell was its legal adviser. J.P. Morgan was financial adviser to GE and Weil, Gotshal & Manges was the legal adviser.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18