Comcast Corp to buy rest of NBC Universal from General Electronics in $16.7 bn deal
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Indeed, the only executives that still remain from the old regime are the leaders of cable networks and Universal Studios head Ron Meyer, who ranks as the longest-serving movie studio chief in Hollywood. On the cable side, in addition to Hoffman and Griffin, Bonnie Hammer now runs all of NBC's entertainment-oriented cable networks and Lauren Zalaznick leads its digital operations. Bob Greenblatt, the former head of Showtime, now runs the NBC broadcast network and Mark Lazarus leads the sports division.
In addition to the GE deal, Comcast reported a 6 percent rise in fourth-quarter earnings on Tuesday. In its cable business, it lost a better-than-expected 7,000 net video customers. For the year, NBC Universal's revenue rose 5 percent to $6.01 billion.
Morgan Stanley served as Comcast's financial adviser and Davis Polk & Wardell was its legal adviser. J.P. Morgan was financial adviser to GE and Weil, Gotshal & Manges was the legal adviser.