I am okay if people have forgetten me: TV actress Divyanka Tripati
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
It took Divyanka Tripati four years after 'Banoo Main Teri Dulhann' to find her next daily soap project — 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein'. She talks about waiting for her ideal role.
My current show 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' is adapted from a novel by Delhi-based author Manju Kapur called Custody. It is a story that traces the journey of a married businessman (Karan Patel) and a Tamilian girl (Divyanka Tripathi).
When I read the novel for the first time, I fell in love with the characters. What really struck me was how nobody was portrayed in an outwardly positive or negative light. Each plot turn was situational, and the story really grips you.
So, when Ekta Kapoor's Balaji offered me the role of Ishita, I jumped at it. No actor can refuse a combination of a good story, a Balaji production and the show being aired on Star Plus.
The offer came to me after a gap of almost three years. Back then I was doing 'Banoo Main Teri Dulhann', and was tired of doing the same kind of roles. It was at that time that I decided to move to comedy shows.
I was a part of Mr. and Mrs. Sharma Allahabadwale and even did a stint with Comedy Circus. Comedy is not for everyone. It's entirely a different type of schooling in acting.
I've always wanted to explore different types of roles, and prove to others that Divyanka is not all about being a timid dulhan. Comedy is far more difficult as it involves improvisation and impromptu acting, and as an actor that came as a welcome break for me.
It is not easy for an actor to take such a long break, but one has to mix around with one's options otherwise people typecast you. That's the reason why I am okay if people have forgetten me.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore