Comedy marks theatre fest as Bal Gandharva Rangmandir turns 42
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
An art and drama festival was organised at the Bal Gandharva Rang Mandir to celebrate the anniversary of the theater that was founded 42 years ago on Friday. The festival, in its third year, kick started on Friday with a number of comedy performances .
Hasyajallosh, a program of comedy one-act plays was organised by a group of city- based comedians. The program featured well known names in the field of comedy plays such as Makarand Tillu, Madhusudan Ghanekar, Vandan Nagarkar, Banda Joshi and others. Various versions of one-act plays by veterans and young artists won the audience's applause. The show was compered by Makarand Tillu and Manjiri Dhamankar.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?