Comedy marks theatre fest as Bal Gandharva Rangmandir turns 42
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
An art and drama festival was organised at the Bal Gandharva Rang Mandir to celebrate the anniversary of the theater that was founded 42 years ago on Friday. The festival, in its third year, kick started on Friday with a number of comedy performances .
Hasyajallosh, a program of comedy one-act plays was organised by a group of city- based comedians. The program featured well known names in the field of comedy plays such as Makarand Tillu, Madhusudan Ghanekar, Vandan Nagarkar, Banda Joshi and others. Various versions of one-act plays by veterans and young artists won the audience's applause. The show was compered by Makarand Tillu and Manjiri Dhamankar.
With a motive to mark the birth anniversary of Bal Gandharva, various events have been organised by the committee in the days to come. A blood donation camp, a Marathi Lavni function followed by an award ceremony are some of the events that will be held on Saturday at the venue. "We will also be felicitating the Lavni artists for their immense contribution to the world of Marathi culture and literature," said one of the organisers of the event.