Comedy marks theatre fest as Bal Gandharva Rangmandir turns 42
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
An art and drama festival was organised at the Bal Gandharva Rang Mandir to celebrate the anniversary of the theater that was founded 42 years ago on Friday. The festival, in its third year, kick started on Friday with a number of comedy performances .
Hasyajallosh, a program of comedy one-act plays was organised by a group of city- based comedians. The program featured well known names in the field of comedy plays such as Makarand Tillu, Madhusudan Ghanekar, Vandan Nagarkar, Banda Joshi and others. Various versions of one-act plays by veterans and young artists won the audience's applause. The show was compered by Makarand Tillu and Manjiri Dhamankar.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi