Comfort of the cordon
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Let us face this stark reality: our present leadership has little concern for the aam aadmi, in spite of what it has been loudly professing from every public platform since the ghastly incident of December 16. As a nation, we rank very low in our willingness to give the privileges that we enjoy, rightly or wrongly. Those of us who have experienced governance from within know this better than others.
The writer is former secretary, internal security, ministry of home affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org