Comfort of the cordon
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: RCB pick early wicket as Starc removes Mayank
Let us face this stark reality: our present leadership has little concern for the aam aadmi, in spite of what it has been loudly professing from every public platform since the ghastly incident of December 16. As a nation, we rank very low in our willingness to give the privileges that we enjoy, rightly or wrongly. Those of us who have experienced governance from within know this better than others.
The writer is former secretary, internal security, ministry of home affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18