Comment highly objectionable: Bihar deputy CM
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi today termed as "highly objectionable" Union Home Minister P Chidambaram comment allegedly blaming migrants to Delhi for crimes like rape.
"I don't know whether Chidambaram has made such a statement... but it is highly objectionable if he has done so... no state government has deterred him from taking action to check crimes in Delhi," Modi said when his attention was earlier drawn to Chidambaram's remarks.
Chidambaram sought to blame migrants to Delhi for crimes like rape, a statement that came under attack from political leaders, following which he withdrew it.
Sharply reacting to Chidambaram's statement, state JD(U) president Bashishtha Narain Singh said "it is an irresponsible and childish act and a blow to parliamentary democracy."
Singh said people would never tolerate the Centre and Chidambaram for this kind of act.