Commercial establishments using residential cooking gas to be punished: DC
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Deputy Commissioner Rahul Tewari on Monday said that commercial establishments should use only commercial gas connections and those using residential connections would be punished and strict action would be taken against them.
"District Food and Supplies Department has brought to our notice that restaurants, marriage palaces, dhabas and sweet shops are illegally using residential gas connections which won't be allowed by any means. In the festive season the consumption of residential gas in commercial works has increased manifold which is not right," said Tewari.
He ordered the District Food and Supplies Department to check the commercial places and place boards at different places to spread awareness in this regard.
Human Rights Day observed at GNGC
The National Service Scheme unit of Guru Nanak Girls College, Model Town, Ludhiana, celebrated the World Human Rights Day on Monday.