Commercial establishments using residential cooking gas to be punished: DC
- By taking my passport or arresting me, they are not getting any money: Mallya
- BJP MP Swamy challenges expunging of his comments in Rajya Sabha
- Gujarat announces 10 per cent EBC quota, will apply to all whose annual family income is Rs 6 lakh or less
- Cabinet, BJP rejig around May 19 when state results come in
- Middleman left country day after CBI opened probe, trail leads to doors of Cong bigwigs: Minister Prasad
Deputy Commissioner Rahul Tewari on Monday said that commercial establishments should use only commercial gas connections and those using residential connections would be punished and strict action would be taken against them.
"District Food and Supplies Department has brought to our notice that restaurants, marriage palaces, dhabas and sweet shops are illegally using residential gas connections which won't be allowed by any means. In the festive season the consumption of residential gas in commercial works has increased manifold which is not right," said Tewari.
He ordered the District Food and Supplies Department to check the commercial places and place boards at different places to spread awareness in this regard.
Human Rights Day observed at GNGC
- India comes across as trying to compete with China by being China
- Why a book on India is seen to be unbuyable in Islamabad
- Why is the BJP pushing itself so aggressively to appropriate Ambedkar now
- The immortality of Don Quixote
- Patenting software is no more a part of Digital India than is patenting arithmetic
- India’s jobless growth is undermining its ability to reap the demographic dividend