Commissioners of city MC reshuffled
- Pravin Togadia under fire over hate-speech, RSS says comments fabricated
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP blocked Telangana Bill in Parliament, says Rahul Gandhi
Zonal commissioners of Ludhiana MC were reshuffled on Wednesday. As per the new list from commissioner office, Kamlesh Bansal has been shifted to Zone B from Zone A. Davinder Singh will be heading Zone A now. Manjit Singh superintendent engineer is now zonal commissioner of Zone C and SE Dharam Singh has been relieved from additional charge of Zone C. P S Ghuman, earlier heading Zone B will now head Zone D.
Bhola: District Youth Congress protest
The District Youth Congress on Wednesday protested against revenue minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia after drug peddler Jagdish Singh Bhola named him for his involvement in the racket. Yogesh Handa, Gurvinder Pal Singh youth leaders from Ludhiana central and west demanded CBI probe against the minister and even submitted a memorandum to the DC.
J&K resident held, fake currency seized
Fake currency notes amounting to Rs 52,000 were recovered from Bashir Ahmad, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday. He was a cloth merchant and used to purchase woollens from Ludhiana. He duped the shopkeepers by giving them fake currency.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota