Commissioners of city MC reshuffled
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Zonal commissioners of Ludhiana MC were reshuffled on Wednesday. As per the new list from commissioner office, Kamlesh Bansal has been shifted to Zone B from Zone A. Davinder Singh will be heading Zone A now. Manjit Singh superintendent engineer is now zonal commissioner of Zone C and SE Dharam Singh has been relieved from additional charge of Zone C. P S Ghuman, earlier heading Zone B will now head Zone D.
Bhola: District Youth Congress protest
The District Youth Congress on Wednesday protested against revenue minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia after drug peddler Jagdish Singh Bhola named him for his involvement in the racket. Yogesh Handa, Gurvinder Pal Singh youth leaders from Ludhiana central and west demanded CBI probe against the minister and even submitted a memorandum to the DC.
J&K resident held, fake currency seized
Fake currency notes amounting to Rs 52,000 were recovered from Bashir Ahmad, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday. He was a cloth merchant and used to purchase woollens from Ludhiana. He duped the shopkeepers by giving them fake currency.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express