Commissioners of city MC reshuffled
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Zonal commissioners of Ludhiana MC were reshuffled on Wednesday. As per the new list from commissioner office, Kamlesh Bansal has been shifted to Zone B from Zone A. Davinder Singh will be heading Zone A now. Manjit Singh superintendent engineer is now zonal commissioner of Zone C and SE Dharam Singh has been relieved from additional charge of Zone C. P S Ghuman, earlier heading Zone B will now head Zone D.
Bhola: District Youth Congress protest
The District Youth Congress on Wednesday protested against revenue minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia after drug peddler Jagdish Singh Bhola named him for his involvement in the racket. Yogesh Handa, Gurvinder Pal Singh youth leaders from Ludhiana central and west demanded CBI probe against the minister and even submitted a memorandum to the DC.
J&K resident held, fake currency seized
Fake currency notes amounting to Rs 52,000 were recovered from Bashir Ahmad, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday. He was a cloth merchant and used to purchase woollens from Ludhiana. He duped the shopkeepers by giving them fake currency.