Communal harmony must for growth: Sonia
Jaipur: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi Sunday laid the foundation stone for an oil refinery in Pachpadra in Barmer district and a Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) coach factory in Bhilwara, Rajasthan.
Speaking on the occasion, Sonia enumerated several projects introduced by the UPA government and said "Congress is the only party which works for the development of all sections of society and especially supports the poor".
"Our main aim is to strengthen the weaker sections of society, backward communities, Dalits, Adivasis and women. There has to be overall development and only then will every section of society gain and for this there has to be communal harmony and brotherhood. We can hope for a happy society when different communities and sections live in harmony and peace. This is our secular tradition and the foundation of our country," she said.
About the MEMU project, Sonia said it would bring development to the district and fell in line with the party's overall objective of enabling the youth of the country. ENS
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan
- ‘50% voters in state between 20-39 years’
- Eye on Muslim votes, Modi’s Chai pe Charcha moves closer to home
- Saina lone Indian to survive opening day of All England