Communal harmony must for growth: Sonia
- 12 players, three new teams, IPL officials and owners named in secret report to SC
- Whoâs probing IM? NIA, Delhi Police stories different: HC
- Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP S Delhi candidate
- In Cong bastion Nandurbar, you can sense straws in shifting wind
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateelâs âconfessionâ to police
Jaipur: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi Sunday laid the foundation stone for an oil refinery in Pachpadra in Barmer district and a Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) coach factory in Bhilwara, Rajasthan.
Speaking on the occasion, Sonia enumerated several projects introduced by the UPA government and said "Congress is the only party which works for the development of all sections of society and especially supports the poor".
"Our main aim is to strengthen the weaker sections of society, backward communities, Dalits, Adivasis and women. There has to be overall development and only then will every section of society gain and for this there has to be communal harmony and brotherhood. We can hope for a happy society when different communities and sections live in harmony and peace. This is our secular tradition and the foundation of our country," she said.
About the MEMU project, Sonia said it would bring development to the district and fell in line with the party's overall objective of enabling the youth of the country. ENS
- RBI banks on Bandhan, trusts Kolkata NBFC with rare licence
- Gujarat to SC: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateel’s ‘confession’ to police
- Will probe scams during BJD rule: BJP
- If Modi slashes gas prices, I will join BJP: Kejriwal
- Chouhan’s wife keeps off Vidisha byelection