Community centre inaugurated
- Aam Aadmi Party expels Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan and 2 others for 'anti-party' activities
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
Mayor Raj Bala Malik on Friday inaugurated the renovated community centre in Sector 47. The renovation has been going on since last year. The community centre has now been equipped with new facilities.
Addressing the gathering, the Mayor said that the community centre will be useful for the local residents to hold social gatherings.
Area councillor Davesh Moudgil, other councillors and officers of the civic body were present along with the residents of the area. Moudgil said that with the facility of gym, badminton court and table tennis room, the area residents and children can undertake a number of activities here. The community centre is equipped with sufficient facilities to enable it to be used for two marriage functions at one time.
The community centre was developed at a cost of Rs 1.45 crores. Spread over an area of 2.20 acres, it also has a banquet hall, two kitchens, 12 furnished rooms a multipurpose hall.