Community centre inaugurated
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Mayor Raj Bala Malik on Friday inaugurated the renovated community centre in Sector 47. The renovation has been going on since last year. The community centre has now been equipped with new facilities.
Addressing the gathering, the Mayor said that the community centre will be useful for the local residents to hold social gatherings.
Area councillor Davesh Moudgil, other councillors and officers of the civic body were present along with the residents of the area. Moudgil said that with the facility of gym, badminton court and table tennis room, the area residents and children can undertake a number of activities here. The community centre is equipped with sufficient facilities to enable it to be used for two marriage functions at one time.
The community centre was developed at a cost of Rs 1.45 crores. Spread over an area of 2.20 acres, it also has a banquet hall, two kitchens, 12 furnished rooms a multipurpose hall.