Companies, universities must collaborate on skills gap: study
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
Moreover, only half of young people believed that paying for higher education would improve their chances of finding a job.
McKinsey said countries needed to review their education systems to see if employers in a particular industry seeking certain skills could work more closely with educators.
It said limited financial or staff resources, lack of hands-on training opportunities and employers' reluctance to fund training unless it is very specialised could all be barriers to better cooperation.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages