Complainant, man booked for lodging fake gangrape case
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A woman who alleged gangrape and her associate have been booked here for registering a fake case, police said today. The woman, claiming to be from Hapur, had registered the gangrape case against factory owner Raju and his three friends. On investigation, the case was found to be fake, Kavi Nagar police station in-charge R P Sharma said. A case has now been registered against the woman and her accomplice Sanjeev, who has been arrested. Efforts are on to trace the woman, he said. Sanjeev was recently arrested by the Sahibabad police in a fraud case and he suspected that Raju and the other three had given him in. So, after his release, allegedly to exact revenge, he along with the accused woman registered the gangrape case against the four, the officer said.