Complaint against 3 for beating up student
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Pune police on Monday registered an offence against two brothers and their driver for allegedly kidnapping and beating up their opponent during the elections of National Students Union of India (NSUI), the students' wing of Congress.
Police have identified the suspects as Shivraj More and Rututaj More, both residents of Karad and their car driver. Sumit Ganpat Bhosle (25), a student from Solapur, lodged an offence at the Hinjewadi police station.
Police said NSUI's state elections were held at Balewadi on Monday. Bhosale was an aspirant for the post of general secretary and Shivraj was contesting for the post of president from the opposite panel. Police said More brothers allegedly warned Bhosale not to vote against Shivraj.