Complaint against BJP Dangs candidate for poll code ‘violation’
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
SURAT: The election officials have lodged a police complaint under violation of model code of conduct against Vijay Patel, BJP candidate of The Dangs constituency, for his alleged involvement in distributing slips having BJP symbol alongwith his photo.
According to police, at Sardar school in Missionpada village of Ahwa taluka, few youths were seen distributing the slips containing photograph of Vijay Patel with BJP symbols at booth number 1 to the voters on Thursday. Returning officer L M Dindor said, "We were shocked after learning about the incident. We have lodged a case against him." Ahwa police have started investigations in this connection.
Bihar BJP chief ducks query on a bigger Modi role
Patna: Bihar BJP chief C P Thakur, who had earlier backed Narendra Modi's candidature for the prime ministership, on Friday ducked a question about the possibility of the Gujarat Chief Minister assuming a bigger role in the party at the national level after the Assembly polls in his state but said BJP's return to power in Gujarat for a fourth term was a foregone conclusion. He was unequivocal in his praise for Modi for development in the state. Thakur, who returned to Bihar after canvassing in Gujarat, said he was struck by development and infrastructure and was confident that the electorate would handsomely reward the BJP and Modi in the polls.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today