Complaint filed against Asaram spokesperson
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) has registered a case against Neelam Dubey, the spokesperson for Asaram Bapu, claiming that Dubey in a recent interview on a TV channel hurt religious sentiments. The case is also against TV channel India News that, according to the complainant, repeatedly played the interview despite being aware that the comments were factually incorrect.
In a press statement, the committee said, "The spokesperson of Asaram Bapu in a live debate on India News channel hosted by Deepak Chaurasia on August 23 passed comments against Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the first Guru of Sikhs."
The committee claimed that the comments were factually incorrect and were disrespectful and were made during a debate over the issue of rape allegations against Asaram Bapu...thereby hurting the sentiments of followers of Sikhism.
DCP (New Delhi) S B S Tyagi said, "A case under sections 153(a), 295(a), and 298 of the IPC has been registered against the TV channel and Neelam Dubey."