Concerned about people's plight, Rahul and Modi not poll issues for us: AAP
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- April 8 Campaign roundup: TDP, BJP still grappling with seat sharing issues; Mamata seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday chalked out its plan for 2014 Lok Sabha elections. Addressing the media on Saturday AAP leader Prashant Bhushan said that the party will fight the elections from most of the states but refused to divulge the details. Bhushan said the list of seats will be out after a month of deliberation.
Pointing party's policies regarding selection of candidates for Lok Sbaha polls, Bhushan said the party will not issue tickets to anyone who has criminal background and that the list of candidates will be out after several rounds of screening.
He also said that the list of selected candidates will be out by February 15
Speaking on whether Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and Bhartiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi would be a cause of concern for the party in coming Lok Sabha elections, Bhushan said that neither of them would be of concern to the party. Bhushan said plight of people of the country would be the main issue of the party in the polls.
In reply to a query Bhushan said that the final plan for the Lok Sabha elections will out on Sunday. Emphasizing party's origin, he said that Aam Aadmi Party is a people's movement and not just a political party.
Bhushan said that people are now fed up and want an alternative to the Congress and BJP.
- Cops scan video footage to identify miscreants
- LGBT community struggles to make it to electoral rolls
- ‘I am proud of all criminal cases filed against me’
- ‘Balasaheb’s speeches inspired me to join MNS… I should have been here much earlier’
- Modi’s AAP rival and his marriage(s)
- Modi will create unprecedented history: Advani