Concerned but no reason to doubt Hyderabad Test won't go ahead: Cricket Australia
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan over controversial remarks
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga breaks solid stand, cleans up Pandey for 64
They are "concerned" after bomb blasts rocked Hyderabad, which is scheduled to host the second India-Australia Test, but Cricket Australia today said there is "no reason to doubt" that the match would not go ahead as planned.
"We will make assessments in time but at this stage there is no reason to doubt that what we have planned in Hyderabad will not go ahead," CA CEO James Sutherland, who is here for the opening Test which got underway today, said.
Hyderabad, which is scheduled to host the match from March 2, was yesterday rocked by two bomb blasts which have so far claimed 14 lives.
"Very concerned to hear that news but at the same time we are focussed. On the management side, we will wait for the next few days and make any necessary assessments. But the focus here right now in Chennai is on cricket," asserted Sutherland.
Sutherland said it was too early to express fears as he is "comfortable" with the security being provided to the Australian cricketers.
"We work closely with relevant authorities in taking advice from them. I think it's premature to be making assessments on that (whether Hyderabad can host the match) but from where I sit right now, my expectation would be that everything will go ahead in Hyderabad as planned," he stressed.
''(I am) very comfortable (with security arrangements). From our reports after talking to our security guys, everything has gone absolutely to plan.
"We do our pre-tour visits and liaise with the relevant authorities. Everything has been mapped carefully and is going according to the plans," he said.
Sutherland said none of the touring players have expressed any security fears after the blasts.
"No player has indicated any concern at the moment. The players are very focussed right now on this Test match in Chennai and the management will do what they need to do; taking relevant advice, working with authorities here in Chennai and in other parts, including the Australian government," he said.