Concerts, plays cancelled
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Bal Thackeray's demise triggered a spate of cancellations. The big one was of the Swedish House Mafia concert, touted as their last tour, at Mahalaxmi Race Course.
Music lovers across the country had lapped up the tickets soon after the sale began a few months ago.
The cancellation left many disappointed, with fans seen hanging outside the venue despite the announcement.
All single screens and multiplexes cancelled shows. Theatres, who had a good run this week with Diwali releases Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Son of Sardaar, will not have shows until further notice.
Saturday night shows of Travelling Pants — hosted by funnyman Sorabh Pant — at The Comedy Store, Palladium, in Lower Parel were also cancelled. In South Mumbai, NCPA cancelled all shows for Saturday and Sunday.
Gigs to raise funds for underprivileged children at Bonobo by British indie act Bombay Bicycle Club and Mumbai band Something Relevant on Sunday at 8 pm too were cancelled, so was the wedding of Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh's daughter.
"He was a force of nature. I used to meet him when I was still a policeman and used to go to Matoshree. I later started going to his house as a politician. We used to fight a lot and criticise each other but he never passed personal remarks."
Sushilkumar Shinde, Home Minister
"Balasaheb Thackeray was a great human being. A political giant has departed. His demise has left a gaping void in the country's politics that won't be filled easily."
L K Advani, BJP leader
"I consider myself grateful that such a great person gave me so much love. His death has left a void in my life that will never be filled. There are few persons in the world who have the courage to speak what they believe. He was one."
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today