Conference on natural products and traditional medicines begins
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- 'Deeply saddened' over his expulsion, Jaswant Singh says BJP has lost its vision
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- ICC World Twenty20: Yuvraj Singh, Ashwin make it 4/4
An international conference on 'New development in drug discovery from natural products and traditional medicines' DDNPTM 2012 was inaugurated on Thursday at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER).
Inaugurated by Dr Nitya Anand, former director of the Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) at Lucknow, eminent natural product's scientists from across the nation presided over the conference. The discovery of new biological pathways, new chemical entities as lead scaffolds, infectious and parasitic diseases, lifestyle and metabolic disorders, oncology and the synthesis of bioactive natural products are some of the topics to be discussed.
"It will be a good opportunity for young scientists to present posters. About 25 scientists and speakers of international repute from abroad as well as India are delivering lectures in this event, including Prof. Linder from Sweden, Prof. Etoh from Japan, Prof. Juaristi from Mexico, Prof. Naresh Kumar from Australia and Prof. Ramesh Gupta from USA," said Sanjay Jachak, Associate Professor of Natural Products.
- AAP thought running government a child's play: Sonia Gandhi
- BJP complains to EC on derogatory remarks against Hema Malini on Facebook
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualfies 48 contesting candidates including ex-MP in J&K
- BJP gives TDP 24-hours to seal Andhra Pradesh alliance
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians