Conference on natural products and traditional medicines begins
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
An international conference on 'New development in drug discovery from natural products and traditional medicines' DDNPTM 2012 was inaugurated on Thursday at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER).
Inaugurated by Dr Nitya Anand, former director of the Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) at Lucknow, eminent natural product's scientists from across the nation presided over the conference. The discovery of new biological pathways, new chemical entities as lead scaffolds, infectious and parasitic diseases, lifestyle and metabolic disorders, oncology and the synthesis of bioactive natural products are some of the topics to be discussed.
"It will be a good opportunity for young scientists to present posters. About 25 scientists and speakers of international repute from abroad as well as India are delivering lectures in this event, including Prof. Linder from Sweden, Prof. Etoh from Japan, Prof. Juaristi from Mexico, Prof. Naresh Kumar from Australia and Prof. Ramesh Gupta from USA," said Sanjay Jachak, Associate Professor of Natural Products.