Conference on natural products and traditional medicines begins
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An international conference on 'New development in drug discovery from natural products and traditional medicines' DDNPTM 2012 was inaugurated on Thursday at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER).
Inaugurated by Dr Nitya Anand, former director of the Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) at Lucknow, eminent natural product's scientists from across the nation presided over the conference. The discovery of new biological pathways, new chemical entities as lead scaffolds, infectious and parasitic diseases, lifestyle and metabolic disorders, oncology and the synthesis of bioactive natural products are some of the topics to be discussed.
"It will be a good opportunity for young scientists to present posters. About 25 scientists and speakers of international repute from abroad as well as India are delivering lectures in this event, including Prof. Linder from Sweden, Prof. Etoh from Japan, Prof. Juaristi from Mexico, Prof. Naresh Kumar from Australia and Prof. Ramesh Gupta from USA," said Sanjay Jachak, Associate Professor of Natural Products.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express