Confusion over rules delays remand of sodomy accused
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Police said Ansari allegedly lured the boy to a public toilet and sodomised him last month. Ansari threatened the victim with dire consequences if he told anyone. The boy then went home and confided in his parents, who then lodged a complaint. Police prepared a sketch of the accused and circulated it across the city.
Ansari has been booked under Sections 341 (wrongful restraint) and 506 (2) (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Sections 4 (aggravated penetrative sexual assault) and 8 (aggravated sexual assault) of the PCSO Act.