Confusion over rules delays remand of sodomy accused
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Police said Ansari allegedly lured the boy to a public toilet and sodomised him last month. Ansari threatened the victim with dire consequences if he told anyone. The boy then went home and confided in his parents, who then lodged a complaint. Police prepared a sketch of the accused and circulated it across the city.
Ansari has been booked under Sections 341 (wrongful restraint) and 506 (2) (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Sections 4 (aggravated penetrative sexual assault) and 8 (aggravated sexual assault) of the PCSO Act.